Note: The below Guest Guidelines & Commitments are for our Ayahuasca Retreats in Peru, and our Community Living Project in Guatemala. While this page was originally written to speak to people coming to our Ayahuasca Retreats, it’s essence and intention of bringing consciousness and respect to your stay with us, remains a very real expectation for those who join our Guatemala Community Living Project.
Our Ayahuasca Healings Retreats, are a sacred space for serious spiritual work, rest, healing and relaxation. They are here to facilitate, guide and protect the healing process of all our guests into the deepest possible levels of spiritual, physical, mental and emotional transformation.
By choosing to come and work with them, guests are expected to adhere to certain guidelines and commitments in cooperation with their team. This truly is for the well being and comfort of all our guests.
If you are having trouble with any of the below requirements please speak with us. If commitments are broken we will always try to resolve the situation discretely but in serious cases Ayahuasca Healings’ staff reserve the right to request and ensure that those individuals leave the center, without a refund.
– Respect noble silence and appropriate conduct. In this work it’s important to respect the space and solitude of yourself and others. This means refraining from excessive talking or physical contact that can disrupt the healing process and merge energies in unhelpful ways.
Please know facilitators are always available if you need to talk and will also facilitate appropriate times for group sharing. Also, please try to be mindful of your language, swearing is not ideal, nor is “venting” your emotional processes to other guests. Disruptive behavior can result in staff taking appropriate action to protect the space, including asking people to leave.
– Respect the land by not polluting, leaving litter or interfering with plants and animals that live here.
– Respect the buildings, please, no shoes are to be worn inside the Maloka (temple).
– Respect personal property, please don’t touch or take what isn’t yours. Please keep your possessions in your room. We are not responsible for any lost items and if you leave something behind we will store it for 10 days before donating it to local families in need, unless contacted with a specific request to store your item.
Valuables such as cellphones, jewelry or passports can be stored securely in the main house if you wish.
– Respect the Dietary Guidelines. Our dietary guidelines are for the wellbeing of all our guests and are developed to harmonize with the subtleties of this sacred medicine.
Please do not bring any extra food with you as all food will be provided to you and accidentally eating something incompatible with the dieta (diet) can cause serious harm. If you have specific dietary requirements, please let us know in advance so we can best accommodate your needs.
– Drugs and Alcohol: please do not bring any recreational drugs or alcohol to the center. Consuming these products is not conducive to the work we do and disrupts the healing of yourself and others with potentially very serious consequences.
– Pharmaceuticals and natural supplements: There are many pharmaceuticals and natural supplements that are not compatible with these plant medicines. Please advise us well in advance of any medication you are taking. Be aware that you must be able to safely cease taking them for at least two weeks before and after the retreat as well as for the duration of your stay (sometimes longer depending on the substance). Please consult your doctor prior to doing this.
Some mental or physical health conditions are not compatible with Ayahuasca. Please read more about our Medical Guidelines and do not hesitate to speak with us about your personal situation. Disclosure of medical conditions past and present is mandatory at the time of applying for our retreats.
– Medical conditions: Guests are required to honestly disclose all medical conditions (past and present) at the time of applying. This includes pregnancy, mental or psychological conditions, physical injuries, ailments, diseases or disabilities.
– Safety, emergencies and liability: In cases of emergency we will do our very best to get all guests the help they need. However, please be mindful of safety at all times, such as wearing shoes and using a flashlight when you move around at night.
Do not wander off during or after Ayahuasca ceremonies and please do not interfere with the local flora or fauna. If you require medical attention, we will take responsibility for assisting you to the nearest appropriate facility, however any medical costs are the guests own responsibility.
By booking a retreat with us, guests express an understanding of and full responsibility for the risks they may encounter here. Neither Ayahuasca Healings Retreats as a healing center, AyahuascaHealings.com as a website, nor any of the curanderos, shamans, facilitators, hosts, employees or anyone else involved are responsible for any injury to guests that may occur on the way to this center, during your retreat, or after your retreat, and it is understood that guests absolve the center and website of any such responsibility at the time of applying.
– Commitment to the process: At times this can be a difficult emotional and physical process for some people. We will support you to complete your retreat, as we know this is for your ultimate well being and we have been through these challenges ourselves. However, free-will prevails and if you do decide to leave before the completion of your retreat, you are not entitled to a refund.
– Technology: Please keep use of technology as limited as possible. This is a conscious space for deep inner work and deepening presence. The radiation emitted, as well as unconscious habits that are associated with technology, often take us (and others) out of this very valuable process. Please do your best, if completely necessary, to use technology around as few people as possible. We have a set schedule for when we have wi-fi available, and we recommend it’s use only for very important messages. This is the space to step away from it all.
– Possible unforeseen circumstances could lead to us having to bring a different shaman than is stated on the retreat info page, to lead the ceremonies. However, of course we will absolutely not settle with bringing just “anybody” to lead our ceremonies, other than the best of the best. We have an incredibly high standard and only work with people who are aligned with the highest vision and purity, holding the most beautiful and profoundly transformational space as possible.
– The El Camino Sagrado Holistic Healing Center in Peru is under different ownership than https://yourhighesttruth.com/ and the Ayahuasca Healings Church. https://yourhighesttruth.com/ serves only as a booking agent for the El Camino Sagrado Holistic Healing Center.
– Deposits and Cancellations: For our Ayahuasca Retreats, we require a minimum of 50% of the cost of your retreat, in order to confirm your registration. In order to best support you in moving forward with your decision to do this retreat, the Cancellation Policy is as follows:
El Camino Sagrado Retreats
– You may cancel your retreat within 7 calendar days of your registration with a full refund minus a 20% processing fee. The processing fee is not negotiable for any reason.
– 7 days after your registration, no refunds are available. However, you may change your retreat dates up to 45 days prior to your original booked date, provided the new retreat date falls within 12 months of your original registration and that there is space remaining in your desired retreat date.
– Cancellations within 45 days of your booked retreat date forfeit the deposit and are not eligible for a postponed retreat.
Guatemala Community Living Project
– We are here to bring people together who are truly, completely and 100% committed to making this experience happen for themselves. For this reason, if you want to cancel for any reason, you may do so, with the following processing fees, depending on how many days prior to your arrival time you are cancelling:
– If you cancel with over 90 days before the day of your arrival, we will refund 50% of your deposit.
– If you cancel within 45-90 days of your day of arrival, we will refund 25% of your deposit.
– If you cancel within 45 days of your day of arrival, you are not qualified for a refund of your deposit. No exceptions. We have saved a spot for you, and now this spot will go empty. So to compensate for this, we will not be able to refund your deposit to you.
– We recommend purchasing travel insurance, which would take care of your fees in case of cancellation or problems in your travels.
–If there is any issue and you are delayed, from travel issues, we would still like you to join us, even if that is a few days late. Please stay in contact with us and we will get you picked up or brought to the retreat.
– Any issues or choosing from you not to come to the retreat because of circumstance out of our hands, e.g. travel issues, family emergencies, ect. and you choose not to join us, we will not refund. But we will be happy to allow you to join a later retreat, that has openings and works for your schedule.
– Peruvian Law and the Practice of Medicine: El Camino Sagrado, Peru complies with Ley N° 28538, Art. 290. El Camino Segrado, Peru is not a medical facility and no health care is practiced under its direction. Its owners and employees are not health care professionals and do not practice health care of any form.
If you’d like to learn about the 8-day Ayahuasca Retreats in the Sacred Valley, then you can do so by visiting this page.
With SO much love, committed to love, healing & awakening for us all,